At Sterling, we are committed to protecting our people and our planet. Our entire team takes sustainability seriously. We continually work to reduce our environmental impact and improve the sustainability of our processing, with the aim of achieving full carbon neutrality.
As the entire world works towards protecting our planet and enhancing environmental sustainability, pharmaceutical and biotechnology organisations are increasingly prioritising sustainability when searching for an outsourced partner. At Sterling, we are always seeking new ways to mitigate our environmental footprint and improve the sustainability of our facilities and processes. From incremental, on-site changes to more substantial, long-term investments, we continue to work towards our aim of complete carbon neutrality. ... Read more
Here are some of the ways we are working to operate more sustainably:
- On-site improvements like energy-efficient lighting and bulk nitrogen systems
- On-site biological wastewater treatment plant
- Green chemistry capabilities such as biocatalysis
- Bright Ideas Programme, encouraging our team members to identify new ways to improve sustainability and our overall company culture
- Wetlands wildlife area to enhance biodiversity
- Development of anaerobic digestion plant to convert waste into renewable energy, biomethane
- Development of combined heat and power plant to promote energy efficiency
- Targets to significantly reduce energy, commuting, and waste-related emissions by 2025
We are rated in the 93rd percentile by EcoVadis for CSR, based on environment, labour and human rights, ethics, and sustainable procurement activities.
We offer our customers full visibility into our current emissions impact, as well as the steps we are taking to reduce it.
We work to enhance sustainability in our daily processes, through energy-efficient lighting, renewable resources, efficient bulk nitrogen systems, and more.
We have targets to reduce our energy, commuting, and waste emissions by 2025 to support our ultimate goal of carbon neutrality.
“We take environmental sustainability seriously at Sterling, and our entire team is focused on minimising our environmental footprint. A commitment to protecting our people and our planet is built into our company culture, and we continue to identify new ways to enhance sustainability across our facilities and processes every day.” Brian Peutherer | HSE Director