We provide rapid enzyme screening coupled with development and scale-up expertise to provide biocatalysis solutions to your chemistry challenges.
Our capabilities include cGMP manufacture of APIs and intermediates and we can cater for biocatalysis reactions at 1000kg scale using reduced quantities of a bound lipase.
Collaboration with Northumbria University
We are working in partnership with Northumbria University to develop our understanding and services around:
- Enzyme screening
- Directed evolution
- Immobilisation of enzymes
- Use of enzymes in continuous/semi continuous processing
Our aim is to create a proprietary database of enzymes and facilitate access to a wide platform of enzymes provided by a network of partners.
Paired with our in-house development expertise, this will allow us to apply enzymes to organic synthesis and perform initial screening, develop and scale-up reactions, manufacture products for our clients in tonne quantities under cGMP conditions and optimise the enzyme reaction in flow.
- Ownership of IP
- Access to both directed evolution of enzymes and manufacture
- Potential process optimisation via recycling of enzymes
- Access to academic experts via Sterling’s collaboration network
- cGMP manufacture of APIs and intermediates
- Biocatalysis reactions at 1000kg scale using reduced quantities of a bound lipase