Our capabilities include cGMP manufacture of APIs and intermediates and we can cater for biocatalysis reactions at 1000kg scale using reduced quantities of a bound lipase.
Collaboration with Northumbria University
We are working in partnership with Northumbria University to develop our understanding and services around:
- Enzyme screening
- Directed evolution
- Immobilisation of enzymes
- Use of enzymes in continuous/semi continuous processing
Our aim is to create a proprietary database of enzymes and facilitate access to a wide platform of enzymes provided by a network of partners.
Paired with our in-house development expertise, this will allow us to apply enzymes to organic synthesis and perform initial screening, develop and scale-up reactions, manufacture products for our clients in tonne quantities under cGMP conditions and optimise the enzyme reaction in flow.
- Ownership of IP
- Access to both directed evolution of enzymes and manufacture
- Potential process optimisation via recycling of enzymes
- Access to academic experts via Sterling’s collaboration network
- cGMP manufacture of APIs and intermediates
- Biocatalysis reactions at 1000kg scale using reduced quantities of a bound lipase