As the Manufacturing Chemist, you will drive results in a fast-paced environment by safely and accurately operating process equipment and utilities. The Manufacturing Chemist uses the Allen-Bradley Control System to control the process operations and must possess a sound understanding of reactor systems within various production units as well as all ancillary equipment such as storage tanks, waste tanks, vacuum units, and scrubber systems. The Manufacturing Chemist must understand and be able to perform routine analytical procedures to monitor reaction progress (i.e. TLC, GC, NMR, HPLC, KF) and be able to isolate and purify products and intermediates by using standard laboratory techniques. The Manufacturing Chemist must document using GMP Good Documentation Practices and prepare final reports for completed projects, including final procedures and compiling all analytical data.
Based at our site in Germantown, WI you will work a night shift pattern of 12 hours from 6pm to 630am on a 2-2-3 rotation while reporting directly to the Supervisor, Manufacturing.
- Operates process equipment and utilities.
- Uses the Allen-Bradley Control System to control process operations.
- Performs chemical reactions on a gram to multi-kilogram scale.
- Solves common synthetic problems.
- Understands and interprets analytical data.
- Manages and tracks project progress including monitoring timelines, raw materials, equipment availability and yields to ensure project success.
- Prepares production areas for cGMP project initiation or changeover.
- Produces clear documentation of all results and procedures.
- Identifies and/or troubleshoots equipment problems.
- Uses the work order system to request maintenance and/or improvement work.
- Operates reactor systems within various production units. This includes knowledge of all ancillary equipment such as storage tanks, waste tanks, heating/cooling units, vacuum units, and scrubber systems.
- Uses the PLC Control System for operation of the unit, recognize and respond to alarms or emergency situations.
- Utilizes the inventory system in order to properly document inventory transfers and usages.
- Embodies our company values, which are: be reliable, be caring, be transparent and be willing.
- Possesses bachelor’s degree in a Chemistry related field or high school diploma with 3+ years equivalent experience in related field. Considered a developing professional within the field.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, bonus program, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, 24/7 employee assistance program, flexible work hours, and the opportunity for career training and development.
Diversity and Inclusion
Sterling values diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, past or present military service, marital status, gender identification or expression, medical condition (including genetic characteristics) or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Why Consider Sterling?
Sterling Pharma Solutions is a global contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) with more than 50 years’ experience in developing and manufacturing Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs). This is complemented by Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) R&D bioconjugation services.
We are a fast growing, dynamic business with facilities in the UK, US and Europe, where we employ more than 1300 talented and passionate people who support our customers in bringing new medicines to market, improving and saving the lives of patients.
Our culture and our way of working is what really sets us apart as a business; we aim to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers and our employees. You can expect to be part of a supportive team, all working towards a shared goal: to deliver first-class science and service to our customers every day.
Sterling Pharma Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.