The Industrial Hygienist accountable for driving results in a fast-paced environment by anticipating, assessing and recommending controls for occupational health & safety concerns including physical, chemical and/or biological hazards. The Industrial Hygienist supports operations, maintenance and laboratory staff by developing and implementing health & safety programs and procedures for the effective management risks. The position requires execution of the Sterling Values and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in functional competencies included in this position profile.
- Develops and maintains Chemical Exposure Management and Industrial Hygiene Programs for the facility.
- Leads and participates in the development and implementation of supporting programs such as respiratory protection, personal protective equipment, hazard analysis and control, hazard communication, hearing conservation and ergonomics.
- Conducts routine and follow up industrial hygiene surveys, prepares reports, recommends improvements and communicates findings to site leadership.
- May coordinate contractor/consultant activities related to containment performance testing and development of containment solutions.
- Conducts and/or reviews incident investigations and the development of appropriate corrective and preventative actions (CAPA).
- Participates in process safety evaluations and collaborates as necessary to provide guidance on solutions.
- Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements.
- Provides other EH&S support as necessary to support essential functions of the department and site.
- Bachelor’s degree in a life sciences discipline or EH&S related discipline with minimum 5 years of experience in a pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing environment or an Industrial Hygiene degree or specialization preferred.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist certification highly preferred.
- CIH preferred but not mandatory.
- Ability to read and interpret chemical process information such as chemical synthesis steps, piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs), and safety data sheets (SDS).
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, bonus program, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, 24/7 employee assistance program, flexible work hours, and the opportunity for career training and development.
Diversity and Inclusion
Sterling values diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, past or present military service, marital status, gender identification or expression, medical condition (including genetic characteristics) or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
This position is located in Germantown, WI, a vibrant city northwest of Milwaukee in Southeast Wisconsin. A great place to live, work and raise a family, Southeast Wisconsin offers a variety of activities and diverse cultural scene.
Why Consider Sterling?
Sterling Pharma Solutions is a global contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) with more than 50 years’ experience in developing and manufacturing Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs). This is complimented by Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) research and development bioconjugation services.
We are a fast growing, dynamic business with facilities in the UK, Europe and the US, where we employ more than 1300 talented and passionate people who support our customers in bringing new medicines to market, improving and saving the lives of patients.
Our culture and our way of working is what really sets us apart as a business; we aim to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers and our employees. You can expect to be part of a supportive team, all working towards a shared goal: to deliver first-class science and service to our customers every day.
Sterling Pharma Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.