As the Analytical Chemist at Sterling, you will be accountable for driving results in a fast-paced environment by performing analytical routine and non-routine testing in support of active pharmaceutical ingredients development or pharmaceutical manufacturing. Testing performed directly supports manufacturing through the release of raw materials, intermediates and API’s; as well as in-process controls, equipment cleaning verification, reference standard qualification, and stability program. The Analytical Chemist will develop the ability to efficiently organize the routine work with minimum supervision and to properly evaluate and interpret generated data working.
Based at our site in Germantown, WI you will work a night shift pattern of 12 hours.
- Learn to follow cGMP documentation and work instructions accurately and completely.
- Performs basic laboratory functions including: weighing/balance use, solution preparation, pipetting, pH meter use.
- Performs routine testing for the following techniques/instrumentation: appearance, FT-IR, Karl Fischer, TGA/DSC, HPLC.
- Conducts testing to support release of raw materials, intermediates, and API's. Testing also includes support for in-process controls, equipment cleaning verification, reference standard qualification, and stability program.
- Learn and perform laboratory and glassware cleaning, handling of high potent and controlled substances, and prepares samples for 3rd party testing.
- Associates Degree in Chemistry or related field with 0-3 years of experience in an API GMP manufacturing facility, OR
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry or related field with 0-2 years of experience in an API GMP manufacturing facility.
- Ability to learn various instrumental techniques such as: melting point, NMR, TOC, Karl Fischer Oven, UV-vis, Polarimeter, Particle Sizer, XRPD, HPLC charged aerosol detector, and UPLC preferred.
- Ability to perform complex math functions, compute ratios, rates, and percentages.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, bonus program, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, 24/7 employee assistance program, flexible work hours, and the opportunity for career training and development.
This position is located in Germantown, WI, a vibrant city northwest of Milwaukee in Southeast Wisconsin. A great place to live, work and raise a family, Southeast Wisconsin offers a variety of activities and diverse cultural scene.
Why Consider Sterling?
Sterling Pharma Solutions is a global contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) with more than 50 years’ experience in developing and manufacturing Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs). This is complimented by Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) research and development bioconjugation services.
We are a fast growing, dynamic business with facilities in the UK, Europe and the US, where we employ more than 1300 talented and passionate people who support our customers in bringing new medicines to market, improving and saving the lives of patients.
Our culture and our way of working is what really sets us apart as a business; we aim to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers and our employees. You can expect to be part of a supportive team, all working towards a shared goal: to deliver first-class science and service to our customers every day.
Sterling Pharma Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.