Location: Dudley, Northumberland, UKDepartment: Manufacturing and SupplyReference: VN102
Assistant Shift Manager
To act as first line manager and lead a team of operators ensuring that the team are clear on appropriate compliance and behavioural standards and the production targets
To prompt, coach and supervise the operators throughout each shift.
This is a plant based role requiring:
- Intimate knowledge of the process and the plant
- Knowledge of process initiation rates, cycle time, yields and product specifications
- Focus on the processes
- Drive continuous improvement in working methods and systems
- Plan work and deployment of teams to ensure all as scheduled processes are running
- Monitor housekeeping/cGMP/documentation standards via RFT & RRFT compliance audits and drive necessary corrective action plans
- Audit inventory on shift ensuring accurate maintenance of required material levels
- Work with manufacturing team members and process experts to resolve process and production problems
- Assist the warehouse operational team as necessary to help manage stock movements.
- Assist shift manager with operator performance management system
- Mentor and develop team members to fulfil their work potential by close supervision and by coaching
- Maintain good discipline around operator timekeeping, effective use of time and attention to detail when operating processes
- Assist the shift manager in implementing the company disciplinary procedures as appropriate
- Comply with all safety, health, and environmental requirements.
- Embody our company values, which are: be reliable, be caring, be transparent and be willing.
Key Skills and Competencies
- At least four years’ experience of pharmaceutical manufacture.
- Thorough knowledge of SPSL plant, equipment and relevant processes.
- Good motivational, team management and leadership skills
- Strong safety and compliance drive with a determination to improve standards
- Problem solving aptitude
- Desire to achieve and lead by example
We also require candidates to be competent with IT systems, and in particular Microsoft Office including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
You will receive
A competitive salary, pension scheme, Healthcare, Perkbox, cycle to work, death in service coverage, on-site health and wellbeing support and medical consultation and physiotherapy, 24/7 employee assistance programme. Training and opportunities for further career development.
This role is a shift role to support our 24/7 operation with annual leave and rest days built into the shift plan.
Why consider Sterling?
Sterling Pharma Solutions is a global contract development and manufacturing organisation (CDMO) with more than 50 years’ experience in developing and manufacturing Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs). This is complimented by Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) research and development bioconjugation services.
We are a fast growing, dynamic business with facilities in the UK and the US, where we employ more than 800 talented and passionate people who support our customers in bringing new medicines to market, improving and saving the lives of patients.
Our culture and our way of working is what really sets us apart as a business; we aim to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers and our employees. You can expect to be part of a supportive team, all working towards a shared goal: to deliver first-class science and service to our customers every day.
Sterling is an equal opportunity employer.
Be caring. Be transparent. Be willing. Be reliable.
Deadline for applications: 10 Dec 2021