Our fully licensed industrial waste water treatment centre in Cramlington is supported by dedicated engineering and operating staff, as well as an on-site testing laboratory. The facility is capable of treating and destroying a wide range of aqueous wastes in advanced biological reactors.
Our BOC developed Vitox system allows us to treat the maximum aqueous-based waste in the smallest volumes as it supports a greater density of biomass due to the use of pure oxygen, which is injected into the reactors.
We are also currently piloting an anaerobic digestion (AD) plant that will convert the organic elements of waste into methane gas, which can then be injected into the gas network providing a renewable energy source from waste material.
In addition to treating our own waste we also offer the services from our waste water treatment facility as a stand-alone service for external companies.
- Water miscible solvents
- Inks and dyes
- Interceptor waste
- Petroleum products in water
- Shipping waste waters
- Slurries up to 10% solids
- Run-off water
- Contaminated fire water
- Agricultural waste waters
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing wastes
- Water-based paint wastes
- Mining waste waters
- Engineering/machining soluble oils
- Organic chemical manufacturing waste
- Drilling and civil waste waters
We consider all wastes and conduct testing prior to treatment.
- On-site laboratory with highly experienced technicians offering rapid sample turnaround, normally two working days from delivery of sample.
- Road tanker turnaround time of around 50 minutes from entering our site through testing, discharge and exit thanks to multiple secure tanker discharge points with high speed off-loading pumps.
- Oxygen injection and high temperatures ensure rapid removal of a wide range of liquid waste materials.
- 4500 tonnes of liquid storage capacity in a fully bunded facility.
- Segregated holding tanks to safely treat incompatible waste streams.
- Biodegradability and toxicity testing performed on-site with specialist multi-cell aerobic digesters.
- Highly competitive costs for treating a wide variety of waste streams with rapid quotation turnarounds.
- Convenient location off the A1, north of Newcastle.
For more information, please visit the Sterling Environmental Solutions website.