At Sterling, we offer industry leading on-site hazard evaluation capabilities, allowing us to handle a wide range of complex chemistry projects.
The Sterling hazard evaluation group was established over 30 years ago at our site and is an integral part of our new product introduction process. The department has become well known and respected throughout the industry.
Our hazard evaluation capabilities include:
- Well-equipped process safety labs, with modern test facilities
- Three full time staff, including two with PhDs in hazard evaluation and over 50 years of combined industry experience
- Differential scanning calorimeters (DSC)
- Thermogravimetric calorimeter (TGA)
- Accelerating rate calorimeters (ARC), including vent sizing capabilities
- Thermal hazard technology
- Two Mettler RC1s including one with low temperature capabilities (around -70°C)
- Thermal mass flow meters to measure gas evolution from reaction systems
- A micro calorimeter for small scale evaluations
- Minimum ignition energy apparatus for assessment of dust explosion potential
- 20L sphere apparatus for measurement of explosion severity
- Volume resistivity to measure the tendency of powders to dissipate any accumulated charge
- Charge decay time apparatus for measurement of time required for applied charge to dissipate from the surface of a solid
- LASENTEC crystallisation probe for in-line measurement of particle size distribution and filterability characteristics
- Reaction modelling software used to describe kinetics and thermodynamics of reaction systems and predict behaviour at plant scale
Contact us to find out more about our hazard evaluation capabilities.